Singapore has grown to be popular for health care system in Orthopaedic among worldwide. The department of orthopedic surgery in Singapore is the oldest and most established today.
The following are some surgeries which most of the hospitals in Singapore faced because of the increasing number of injuries:
- Knee replacement surgery: the most common condition that necessitates knee replacement surgery is osteoarthritis, a condition that is characterized by the collapse of joint cartilage. Recommended when non-surgical knee treatment failed to alleviate the pain, depending upon the condition a partial or total knee replacement may be recommended. A person approving knee replacement surgery will need to do revision surgery 15 to 20 years after the initial surgery to repair worn-out prostheses.
- Hip replacement surgery: In hip replacement surgery damaged parts of the hip are replaced with artificial joint components which are designed to mimic the natural movements of the hip joint. A hip replacement surgery is necessary if you have conditions such as Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, and Osteonecrosis, and going for a Singapore orthopaedic surgery is the best yet successful option to consider.
- Shoulder tendon pain treatment surgery: shoulder pain is one of the commonly reported conditions. Due to the complexity of the shoulder, it is vulnerable to have many different types of pains and problems. Symptoms of shoulder tendon pain include sudden pain when lifting or lowering your arm, minor pain doing activities, and pain from the front of the shoulder to the right of the arm.
- Flat foot surgery: if you have a flat foot this means that the arch of your feet is lower than normal yet it is important to know that this is a condition that may not affect your quality of life however if you experience swelling, pain in the foot and ankle among other symptoms, flat foot reconstruction surgery is an option once you are beginning to find it difficult to steer.
- Foot bunion surgery: a painful foot condition that is caused by an enlarged body bump on the joint at the base of the big toe. While bunions may not require medical treatment, they can be permanent deformities unless surgically corrected. For bunions, the surgeon will make a small incision to remove them in a large part of the bone ligaments and tendons of the affected toe and yet visiting the best Singapore orthopedic surgery.